Sunday, December 16, 2012

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Publication Date: October 18, 2011
Publisher:
Spencer Hill Press
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 304 pages
Source: Bought
Series: Covenant #1


Synopsis:
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

What I Thought: 
Wow! This love triangle going on is making me confused! Definitely a good book but I still prefer The Lux Series though.

Well this isn't something I read before. But I'm glad I did.

I am very similar to Jennifer's writing style and this book didn't disappoint. Still funny humor and some parts action packed when they needed to. And the ending was so nice. It was like "Hey, so you should read the next book." Not like "OMG YOU HAVE TO READ THE NEXT BOOK!!"

Alexandria (Alex) is a half-blood and after her mother's death, she ran away and soon attacked by Daimons. Then we meet Aiden who she has a major crush on. Problem is Aiden is a pure-blood. Halfs and pures can't fall in love.

Alex has anger issues and a trouble maker. She is very strong and stands what she believes in but she is also "broken" and caring. What I mean by broken is that she hasn't been the same or not as the same as she was before when her mom died. As for Aiden, he's actually pretty nice and not an ass like Daemon. Later on we are introduced to Seth as the Apollyon and I seriously don't know what to think about him. I don't hate him or love him. And I kinda ship Aiden.. Maybe because Daemon set the bar really high for Jennifer's books. Or maybe because I'm use to arrogant guys. Long story short, I don't know if I should be happy or mad about Seth. I guess neither.

I heard on some reviews, they compare this to The Vampire Academy Books and I don't know if they are alike or not because I haven't read them yet but I will soon.

Furthermore, I recommend this book to VA fans and others to read this.


Rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment