Sunday, December 16, 2012

Legend by Marie Lu Review

Publication Date: November 29, 2011
Publisher:
Putnam Juvenile
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 305 pages
Source: Bought
Series: Legend #1


Synopsis:
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic’s wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic’s highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country’s most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths—until the day June’s brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family’s survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias’s death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.


What I Thought:
Holy crap! This book! This is defiantly a 5/5 stars, no joke. It's full of action, thriller, and to top that off, romance. Its IMPOSSIBLE to put down. In the end of each chapter, there's suspense going on AND YOU CANT PUT IT DOWN. Its painful to close the book. Its like I could see it in my head. For people who haven't read it, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THIS WHOLE TIME?!? The beginning was slow but I don't blame it since all books have slow starters.

I liked how Marie Lu wrote it in duel perspectives because for the reader, we don't see Day or June together until like 100 pages in. She had a unique and intriguing writing style. Very different and refreshing. I also love how June's chapters were a different color than Day's.

The two main characters are very interesting because, Day is the most wanted while June is the military prodigy. Both very different but same at the same time. Also, its very interesting because somehow June and Day start caring for each other and then the romance thickens.

Almost every book I read, the protagonist is kick ass or awesome and its still stands in Legend. While I was reading this, I actually wanted to be June. I wanted to be exactly like her. Crazy I know but she is so amazing. Day is also bad ass and a strong character and without any training, he and June are basically at the same level.

As for the supporting characters, Tess, Metias, and John, they were also great. One thing that really upset me is that Metias died in the beginning and I wanted to see more of him. He was one of my favorite characters and he's an awesome big brother and a really strong supporting character. I hope he will be in the sequel in a flashback or something.

Overall, I LOVED this book and I recommend you pick this up. Action, thriller, suspense, and romance. What else to ask for?

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment