Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Publication Date: May 8, 2012
Publisher:
Entangled Teen 
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 361 pages
Source: Bought
Series: Lux #1


Synopsis: 
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.


What I Thought: 
Oh my lights and beyond!! What on Earth did I just read?! Obsidian is one of the best novels I have ever read this year. The romance is breathtaking, the storyline is brilliant, and everything else is AMAZING! This is definitely one of my top book series.

At first glance I was very skeptical about this but after I read that it was about aliens, I was hooked. Katy is a normal human being who just moved to West Virgina with her mom and lives next door to a very hot(hot doesn't even describe Daemon) guy. (I'm actually jealous) But when Katy finds out that her next door neighbor is actually an alien, stuffs are about to go down.

Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing is so captivating and compelling, she will make you read all day and night. This in particular was so addicting, I didn't stop thinking about it for a week. And the funniness it had! Boy oh boy! I could not read this without smiling like an idiot in class.

DAEMON! How do I even begin to describe Daemon? He's infuriating, arrogant, hot, an ass, and oh my gosh. Speechless. I..just...how do I words. I can't even. And thank god that he's not one of those green slimy aliens, but a sexy hot spark of light.

I love the relationship between Katy and Daemon. It's funny and how she gets all nervous around him -I mean, I wouldn't blame her. It starts off rough and he's a bit of an ass but in the end, he sorta changes. Not really but he's a different kinda a person alien thing.

If you have not read Obsidian, you're missing out on a lot. It's gonna be the next big thing. READ IT NOW!!


My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment