Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Review

Publication Date: November 15, 2011 
Publisher: Harper
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 338 pages
Source: Bought
Series: Shatter Me #1


Synopsis:
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


What I Thought:
WOW! It's just... Wow! Speechless. The ending just blew my mind! I don't know if I can say anything about this book because, well, it's that good. I'm still speechless.

Just the first line, I was hooked. Tahereh Mafi's writing style is so amazing and beautifully written. It's poetic and there's some words that are slashed out when Juliette is thinking in her head. I noticed that tons of people are deducting stars because of the writing style but I didn't mind at all! In my opinion, it interested me more and kept me captivated.

Juliette has an ability that causes her to kill anyone she touches. So she refuses to touch anyone near her. Juliette could be bad ass and strong at times but for the most part, she is weak but I don't blame her. She's been outcast when she was younger and at some parts of the book, she would cry and etc.

On the other hand, Adam is such an awesome character that I absolutely loved and ... speechless. He's caring, strong, and a old "friend" (kinda) when they were little. Warner is another intriguing character that is somewhat caring towards Juliette.

Overall, I loved this book and cannot wait to read Unravel Me! I recommend this to everyone who loves dystopian, paranormal romance, and swoon worthy characters.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment