Friday, March 1, 2013

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter Review

Publication Date: September 25, 2012
Publisher:
Harlequin Teen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 404 pages
Source: Bought
Series
: White Rabbit Chronicles #1

Synopsis:

She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….


I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.


                                                                   Review:

Alice? Zombies? Sign me up!

Aside from the title, this has nothing to do with Alice in Wonderland. It's mostly a girl named Alice Bell who somehow ends up involved with zombies.

Before everything happened, Ali's mom, dad, and sister died from a car accident except for her. Now she's living with her grandmother, grandfather, and going to a new school. Sounds like a mundane life right ... wrong. Going to this new school she meets new friends that are secretive and trouble for her.

If I could describe this book with one word I would choose hilarious! Gena Showalter's writing is so compelling I didn't want to stop reading. How she came up with this original idea and unique story is brilliant.

Alice narrates this story with feisty but great sense of humor. Then we have her friend Kat who really came out of nowhere and now her best friend. Sassy, but an awesome friend, Kat is a girl who I came to love and underneath the makeup, she's down to earth. And of course, lets not forget the boys; more specifically - Cole. Cole is fierce and hot with a secret only a few knows. Their relationship is frustrating at times but really sweet - don't forget his one liners.

Now for the villains, I didn't really cared or felt anything for them.

Long story short, you should all pick up this book. 


Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment