Sunday, May 5, 2013

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Publication Date: August 14, 2012
Publisher:
Entangled Teen 
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 366 pages
Source: Bought
Series: Lux #2


Synopsis:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Review:

Pure awesomeness! This was an amazing sequel! I usually don't like sequels, but this blew my mind!

In Onyx we get to see so much things and character developments between Katy, Daemon and others. After Obsidian, Daemon becomes more protective towards her and doesn't like the fact the new kid in school fancys Katy and the DOD are here.

The character that was most improved was Daemon and it blew my mind. I loved how he's starting to be a better person for Katy and tries to prove his love to her. Katy of course doesn't believe Daemon loves her but Daemon's on edge and lets just say it's on the edge of being a new adult book. Their relationship is hard to explain without any spoilers.

For the new character, the moment Blake walked through those doors, I knew something was shady about to happen. Even Daemon didn't trust him, but for some reason Katy does and this makes Daemon pretty much jealous.

There was so many action/fighting scenes in this! Again, not spoilers but near the ending... wow! I did not expect that.

It does leave with a cliff-hanger but still, MIND-BLOWING! It just leaves you speechless and it will make you want to read the next book.

Overall, I know I didn't have the much to write, just because of spoilers, but I really recommend you read this series and continue on. Jennifer's writing style is amazing and captivating and the story is pure epic. 


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment