Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ascend by Amanda Hocking Review

Publication Date: April 24, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 326 pages
Source: Bought
Series: Trylle Trilogy #1


Synopsis:
Wendy Everly is facing an impossible choice. The only way to save the Trylle from their deadliest enemy is by sacrificing herself.  If she doesn’t surrender to the Vittra, her people will be thrust into a brutal war against an unbeatable foe.  But how can Wendy leave all her friends behind…even if it’s the only way to save them?

The stakes have never been higher, because her kingdom isn’t the only thing she stands to lose. After falling for both Finn and Loki, she’s about to make the ultimate choice…who to love forever. One guy has finally proven to be the love of her life—and now all their lives might be coming to an end.

Everything has been leading to this moment.  The future of her entire world rests in her hands—if she’s ready to fight for it.


Review:

What an amazing ending for an amazing series!

I was hooked immediately on the first chapter and finished it in one sitting. In the very start, Loki comes to Wendy for forgiveness and help, which melted my heart because I know that Loki truly loves Wendy and GAH the feels. This series has amazing development in each book. The first one we see Wendy trying to adapt who she is, the next is Finn and Tove, and in this is more about Loki.

Loki has got to be my favorite character. He's handsome, smart, sarcastic, loyal to Wendy, and just lovable. He's just a really strong character with a lovable heart. In my honest opinion, I never really saw a love triangle. Its more of a 10%, 90% chance of the two guys. Wendy is trying to forget about Finn and Finn is doing the same but he is a bit jealous of Loki.

This series doesn't have that much action until the end where Wendy tries to save everyone. But overall it was a very good ending and I can believe its over. I loved every single character even though I hated some at first -Finn, but I will miss this series and I will definitely will reread this again and fall in love and hate with the characters again.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment