Monday, June 10, 2013

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare Review

Publication Date: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 535 pages
Source: Bought
Series: The Mortal Instruments #5


Synopsis:
What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.


Review:

I been very hesitant to write a review or a somewhat review since almost all Cassandra Clare novels take all my emotions and shatters them and leave my brain damaged into a mode where I don't know how to explain things. (And now I'm rambling) I'll do a non spoiler and a full spoilers rambling review, and when I mean spoilers, I mean the big ones.

Non Spoilers:
Wow. Yeah. I have no words for this.

Of course Cassandra leaves us with a major cliff-hanger and expects us to wait for the last and final book in two years. If you think something good or bad happens, YOU'RE WRONG. Cassie goes a different direction and makes you theorize like crazy. I guess this took place about maybe hours or a day after City of Fallen Angels. Jace is back and everything is back to normal... until two weeks later. Jace is missing and now connected to Sebastian. Talk about confusing. There's a reason why the synopsis is described as Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness. That's basically all I have for the non spoiler section. If you haven't read this GO PICK IT UP OR START THE FRIGGING SERIES! It's amazing and it makes you want more. It's like an addiction but better.

SPOILERS SECTION / me rambling and ranting about the events that happened in CoLS:

Seriously Sebastian seriously. He talks about wanting a sister and later on have a bit feelings for her and what does he do? HE FRIGGING ALMOST RAPES HER! The nerve of that demon. I feel like Valentine is looking down at Sebastian and is shaking his head. He is way to power crazy and I can't even.

It's his fault that Jace is connected to him in the first place and now that they're not he is basically on heavenly fire. Why can't Jace have a happy ending. He went through a whole lot of shit and all he wants is to be with his friends, family, and Clary.

At least the ending is partly happy. I mean he IS with Clary but it's just he's afraid to hurt her. Oh well, I guess I have to wait 'till next year where all things go down

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment