Sunday, June 2, 2013

Find Me by Romily Bernard Review

Expected Publication Date: September 24, 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: ARC
Page Count: 288 pages
Source: Publisher

Series: TBA #1

Synopsis:
"Find Me." These are the words written on Tessa Waye's diary. The diary that ends up with Wick Tate. But Tessa's just been found...dead.

Wick has the right computer-hacking skills for the job, but little interest in this perverse game of hide-and-seek. Until her sister Lily is the next target. Then Griff, trailer-park boy next door and fellow hacker, shows up, intent on helping Wick.

Is a happy ending possible with the threat of Wick's deadbeat dad returning, the detective hunting him sniffing around Wick instead, and a killer taunting her at every step?

Foster child. Daughter of a felon. Loner hacker girl. Wick has a bad attitude and sarcasm to spare.

But she's going to find this killer no matter what.

Because it just got personal.


Review:

That was AMAZING! Nonstop and what a page turner!! That was pure brilliant and the suspense... Wow. And for the record ... I KNEW IT I KNEW IT- kinda. If you like a mystery book with a kickass lead, this is your book.

I didn't know what to expect from this book and I was actually skeptical going in, but I was blown away. I started this book at 9 and probably finished at 11. I had to finish this and after I was done with the book, I was upset that it was over. That's when I messaged the author and she said there will be a sequel and I was very excited!

The way it's written is fantastic and full of suspense that leaves me hanging and wanting more. It's not boring, full of plot twists, mystery, and just amazingness.

Wick is a teenage foster child. After she ends up with Tessa's diary, she doesn't want any part of this or her death. Up until Tessa's sister tells Wick that her sister, Lily, is now the main target, she's doing whatever she can to find this killer.

Aside from the plot, there is a bit of romance between Wick and Griff. I loved Griff so much! Giff, like Wick herself, is a computer hacker and in the middle of the book, he starts to help Wick find the killer and then as the reader, we see their friendship and attraction start to grow.

For the ending -no spoilers of course- MY GOD! I knew it! Well sorta. I sorta knew it. After we found the killer and after all the crazy mess, there's a new story waiting for it to unravel and it just left me hanging. I cannot wait for the sequel in 2014!

This is a suspenseful page-turner that will make you read this nonstop, waiting to see who the killer is. I was actually creeped out and scared on some parts of the book. All the suspense and me theorizing made me go insane.

ARC provided by Edelweiss and HarperTeen

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. Jessie, you have just completely made my week and, considering I am about to do another round of revisions on REMEMBER ME, you have also given me a much-needed shot in the arm :) Beyond happy you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for giving FIND ME a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to read it! Can't wait 'till 2014 :)

      Delete