Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Insurgent by Veronica Roth Review

Publication Date: May 1, 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 525 pages
Source: Bought
Series: Divergent #2


Synopsis:
One choice can transform you, or destroy you. Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Review:

I read this over a year ago and haven't written a review until today... in 2013. I really need to prioritize my reviews.

This pick up right away where the whole group are done with Dauntless and heading to Amity. I mean it's a great sequel and everything but I say I like the first one better because I didn't get enough joy out of Insurgent but it was still AMAZING!

So why did I deducted a star? The romance between Tris and Four went downhill and backup again and again. They would just fight and later on make up and it just got annoying but everything is fine now. I think.

There was more action in this than Divergent. Divergent was about Tris learning to adapt to this whole new faction and in Insurgent, she has to learn how to survive without being caught and hunted.

There was defiantly more character development in this. We see people start to change. Start to realize sometimes good doesn't mean they're always good and bad people can be good sometimes. And to some up Tris: She = YOLO. Yes I went there. But in all seriousness, people tell her not to do things, she goes and does it even if it was her own good, not dyingness.

Divergent had me more but still, Insurgent was a really good sequel and I cannot wait for the third and final book called Allegiant in October!

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment