Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Publication Date: December 11, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 382 pages
Source: Bought
Series: Lux #3


Synopsis:

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


Review:

I don't understand how Jennifer can do that to us. The ending. I can't even. What did we ever do to her?!!

I am obsessed with this series. I first read Obsidian back in December of 2012 because of so many hype from bloggers and reviewers. That's when I finished it in one day, had to wait for the sequel, and then had to wait for this. When I got it on my e-reader, I jumped onto my bed and started reading nonstop and before I even knew it I finished it crying.

I don't know what's up with this series. It's addicting. I should know, I read this 3 times already. The characters are FABULOUS, the plot is amazing, the writing keeps you on your toes, and GAH! This is amazing. That's all I can say. Amazing, amazing, A-MAZ-ING!

The characters in this developed a lot more. Dee is becoming a bitch about what happened in Onyx. I still hate Brad. Daemon is still an ass but he's getting better and his relationship with Katy improved a whole lot.

Opal was more of a Katy+Daemon romance than the usual Arum kicking / fighting the DOD like in the last two books, BUT I will say that the next one seems to have more action due to the ending -*tear.*

Pure epic, awesome, seductive, and sexy. Go read Obsidian if you haven't picked up this series yet, and just go read it!

Rating:
 

1 comment: