Sunday, June 16, 2013

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole Review

Publication Date: October 2, 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Format: E-book
Page Count: 384 pages
Source: Borrowed from friend
Series: The Arcana Chronicles #1


Synopsis:

She could save the world—or destroy it.

Sixteen year old Evangeline “Evie” Greene leads a charmed life, until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future—and they’re still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

But she can’t do either alone.

With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can’t totally depend on Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?

Who can Evie trust?

As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of twenty-two teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it’s not always clear who is on which side….


Review:

I really wished I read this after the second book released. So many tears. My heart got broken like a bajillion times. GAH!!

I've been meaning to read this for a while now, so I did and I was blown away. At first I was really confused because the synopsis made it looked like a post apocalyptic, dystopian atmosphere. It wasn't until maybe about 50-150 pages in that we start to realize to see it.

Before everything happened, a 16 year old girl named Evie starts having these visions about the world going through an apocalypse. Because of this she had to go to a mental hospital because people thought she was insane. It starts out with Evie with her boyfriend at that time and she's in school. During that there are these new transfers that are really different from others that are from that school. One of them, Jackson, Evie's love interest, is infatuated by her and sorta likes her. It's really complicated. After the apocalypse, Evie finds out that Jack is alive and she needs his help to survive.

When I say their relationship is complicated, I mean complicated. It's like I love you, I hate you. Most of the time when they have a sweet moment together, one of them has to ruin it and then they start fighting and don't even get me started about this Selena bitch. Selena, got to go. It's not really a love triangle because Evie likes Jack and Jack likes her but Selena likes Jack but Jack doesn't like Selena. It sounds confusing but I promise its not. It's their relationship that's confusing to be honest.

The ending killed me. I think it killed Evie more than it killed me. I think there is a reason why that happened and later on it's be okay or not. That's just me theorizing like crazy again. I don't really know what to expect in the next book. Maybe it's gonna center around Death since he is on the cover.

Overall I very much liked and enjoyed this book. Still wish I read this in October so I don't have to wait for the next book.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment