Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Resist by Sarah Crossan Review

Expected Publication Date: October 8, 2013
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Format: ARC
Page Count: 400 pages
Source: Publisher
Series: Breathe #2


Synopsis:
Bea, Alina, and Quinn are on the run. They started a rebellion and were thrown out of the pod, the only place where there's enough oxygen to breathe. Bea has lost her family. Alina has lost her home. And Quinn has lost his privileged life. Can they survive in the perilous Outlands? Can they finish the revolution they began? Especially when a young operative from the pod's Special Forces is sent after them. Their only chance is to stand together, even when terrible circumstances force them apart. When the future of human society is in danger, these four teens must decide where their allegiances lie. Sarah Crossan has created a dangerous, and shattered society in this wrenching, thought-provoking, and unforgettable post-apocalyptic novel.

Review:

After reading this, THANK YOU GOD FOR OXYGEN!

The sequel and I believe also the last book in this series -don't quote me on that- was more gripping, shocking for sure, and had me more than the first book. No spoilers of course but there was more things going on in this and we get to see that in many point of views.

First thing comes in mind about this was shocking. About maybe 24%, 11 chapters in, I literally jumped out of my bed and started screaming. I did not see that coming. I can't even... I even lost all my abilities to even.

There is a bit of some changes. There's definitely new characters and some characters we saw in Breathe but never got a chance to know them. One of them is Ronan and that's all I'm going to say to avoid spoilers. But still, now the view points in Resist are Alina, Bea, Quinn, and newly added Ronan.

I'm pretty sure that this is the last book just because I would not change the ending and I felt it completed the story and it did.

I am very lucky to read this before the release date and I am very happy with this sequel more than Breathe.

ARC provided by Edelweiss and
Greenwillow Books

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment