Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout Review

Publication Date: September 18, 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Format: E-book
Page Count: 304 pages
Source: Borrowed

Synopsis:
  
Dying sucks
...and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand.

After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.

Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he's a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she's more than interested. There's just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she's willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't?

But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she's not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life.

For real this time


Review:

First things first, this is written by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Why wouldn’t I read this?! She is amazing! With that out of the way, I cried so much in the beginning because I felt so sorry for Ember.

Ember has an ability or I should say “gift” that if she touches people, it kills them. It kinda sounds like Shatter Me but it’s different because Ember could control it, but doesn’t know how. She’s been stalked for about 1-2 years by Hayden who also has a gift but different from hers because of her sister, Olivia who is 5 years old, has the gift to bring back the dead. From there on Ember and Olivia goes and lives off with Hayden’s family and start a new life.

I honestly hated a lot people in the beginning. I hated Olivia, I hated Phoebe and her brother, the other dude who I don’t remember his name, and Hayden’s dad. They just really irritated me and I just wanted them to shut up. But throughout the story I started to like some of them but still hate Olivia and Phoebe.

The writing style of course is brilliant coming from Jennifer. I absolutely love her books. One thing I notice a lot is the characters and milk. Olivia, Daemon, and Cam all love to drink milk.

An amazing stand-a-lone book filled with heart wrenching feels, romance, and paranormal things, I recommend you all read this if you haven’t yet already.

                                                                             Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment