Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock Review

Publication Date: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Format: E-book
Page Count: 404 pages
Source: Borrowed
Series: Hemlock #1

Synopsis:

Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.

Since then, Mac’s life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s killer: A white werewolf.

Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy’s boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.

Kathleen Peacock’s thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spellbinding urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love.


Review: 

I don't know what’s more depressing, the ending or the fact that I have to wait for the second book.

What first led me to read this was the fact that on Goodreads, it said fans of the TV series True Blood would like it. People who follow me on Twitter know I LOVE True Blood and I loved this book. This isn’t my favorite book because it does have some flaws but It was an epic tale.

I guess one thing that’s different from average YA vampire or werewolf books, is that the people –or I should say humans, knows about the Lupine Syndrome and werewolves. So there’s these Trackers who hunt and kill the people who are infected with this Lupine Syndrome. Kinda sounds like True Blood right?

The main character, Mac, is hunting / trying to find out who killed her best friend Amy. All she knows is that it is a white werewolf.  With everything happening, Kyle, Jason being a Tracker, and more werewolves attack, her world is turned upside-down.

I will admit, some of the chapters went really slow and some unnecessary but other than that it was a great read and I had to finish it to find out who was behind of everything –which I so called it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this and I can’t wait for the sequel. 

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment