Thursday, July 11, 2013

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo Review

Publication Date: June 4, 2013
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Format: E-book
Page Count: 435 pages
Source: Borrowed
Series: The Grisha #2


Synopsis:

Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her–or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.


My Review:

This is going to be a slightly different review. My best friend also read this book very recently and I thought why not include what she thought of the book (and I thought it was really funny). So this first part is my spoiler free review and the next will be her full of spoilers rant/what she thought.

Can I just say, OH MY GOD! I really shouldn’t read this before 2014 because THE ENDING! I don’t even know how I feel about the ending. I literally cannot even. I can’t even. I am unable to even. I have lost my ability to even. I am so unable to even. O…MG. Everything is beyond perfect (except Mal because I don’t like him) and the new characters are just pure amazing.

In this, Alina has become more bad-ass and fiercer than ever. I wonder how she’s gonna be in the next book. I definitely loved the new characters and especially Sturmhond. Mhm that Sturmhond.
description
description
description
He’s a privateer and I just love him so very much and I’m not gonna spoil anyone who hasn’t read the books.

Overall, I know this was short but my friend has a lot of things to talk about so I HIGHLY recommend this series and hope to see where this ends.

                                                                   My Rating:

  
Now for my friend, Arianna, review/rant

WARNING, THIS HAS SPOILERS AND WHEN I SAY SPOILERS I MEAN SPOILERS + RANTING

Hmm where should I start maybe when Mal puts his fathead into Alina’s possible perfect love life or maybe my knowing that the darkling has to die in the next book. Ugh I JUST CAN’T BELIEVE IT, ANY OF IT SHE JUST LOST HER POWERS ARE YOU HAPPY MAL ARE EFFING HAPPY I BET I KNOW WHAT UR THINK THAT NOW YOU CAN HAVE A LIFE TOGETJER YOU INSENSITIVE FUCKER.

Sturmhond couldn't have been any sexier it’s just impossible yet it was. He just jumps out of nowhere as Nikolai and he just so damn PERFECT!!!! But yet again Mal has too stick his fat foot in and ruin any chance of anything existing between them!! AHHH CANT YOU JUST CHOKE ON YOUR STUPID BOW AND DIE!!!!! Yet I have to say when this bitch sticks his tongue down that hoes throat after doing some stupid shit. OH MY GOD if I could’ve jumped in to the frickin book I would’ve have shot the little peasant and make just about every ones lives a little better.

Ok so back to whatever, after Nikolai's smexy entrance and all that time they spent together I'm just like riveting and glowing with joy! And when he asks her to be his queen I'm just like "SAY YES BITCH, SAY YES" but no because IT gets in the way because apparently she's in "love" with him pfftt who does that!!!! You know I'm starting to wonder who the real antagonist is in this book, is. Is it that hot piece of dark magic ass Darkling? NO IT SHOULD BE THAT DREAM CRUSHING- AHHHHHHHHH!!!

But back to the point, overall Nikolai was/ is magnificent. And OMGDOUBLEHKP (learned that from Jessie XD) when she starts seeing the Darkling all over the maffing place I'm just like... I'm can't even- I mean is it weird that I just like loved that little tactic of his I'm just lime score for the dark side :D!!!!! Also I love these twins added to the story but what did break my heart Genya I'm just like: “Why" *poker face, tear*. But we all have are reasons so I've excused her from the backstabbing bitch list. But I'm just like not getting how Alina is supposed to destroy this fold and speaking of destroy when that nichevo'ya tears off Vasslyne or whats his names arm I'm just like at least some bitch that deserved it got!!! But I think what just took my emotions and just tossed them out the window of a 100-story building was when her Powers just... disappears. I mean I know they'll come back or something cause like I personally don't see the point of her being the main character but that's just me (whatever floats your cat), but just the lack of knowledge of Nikolai's whereabouts just leaves me like what the fuck is GOING ON THIS CANT BE OVER YET! I mean I totally saw the Darkling’s death from not happening yet coming but like when Alina gave herself up to him I'm just like is she really gonna do this but then she practically sucks the life out of him and I'm just like, WOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON and then that happens right and then the S.O.B. saves her I'm just finally you do something right!!!! But like still Nikolai’s whereabouts being unknown, her powers disappearing, Alina looking like an old lady, and Mal surviving and the Darkling too.

I have to say that in the next book Alina is going to have to take that sexy bitch (Darkling) down because shits about to get real yet again.

Follow Arianna on Instagram and thank you for your uh very uh special review XD. Her Instagram: @karmagato http://instagram.com/karmagato

Her rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment