Sunday, July 14, 2013

Spark by Brigid Kemmerer Review

Publication Date: August 28, 2012
Publisher:
Kensington 
Format: E-book
Page Count: 345 pages
Source: Borrowed
Series: Elemental #2


Synopsis:
Gabriel Merrick plays with fire. Literally. Sometimes he can even control it. And sometimes he can't. Gabriel has always had his brothers to rely on, especially his twin, Nick. But when an arsonist starts wreaking havoc on their town, all the signs point to Gabriel. Only he's not doing it. And no one seems to believe him. Except a shy sophomore named Layne, a brainiac who dresses in turtlenecks and jeans and keeps him totally off balance. Because Layne has a few secrets of her own...

Review:

I freaking love this book! I think Gabriel is by far my favorite Merrick brother. He’s so frustrating in Storm but in Spark where we have his POV, I so fell for him with is snarky, sarcastic attitude.

I will say I did love Storm but I love Spark even more. I think the reason for that is that there wasn’t any love triangles, which I am getting really tired of. Gabriel changed so much personality wise. He was a better person than the average jock. This changed my whole perspective of the characters. I even like Hunter now but I still hate and I mean HATE Quinn and I don’t care about Becca anymore.

After the events of Storm, Gabriel has to go to his math class –which Nick usually goes for him, but people would notice because of his leg. Being back again, he fails dramatically on a pop quiz but a girl who sits next to him decides to help him and changes his answers. He doesn’t know why she did it but he is intrigued and curious about her.  So there’s been a lot of fires happening and everyone is pointing fingers at Gabriel. He knows he’s not doing it but no one believes him.

Now the relationship between Gabriel and Layne was really sweet and I will say the beginning, was such as tease. Layne is a sophomore who is shy, smart, and wears turtleneck sweaters. Gabriel of course doesn’t notice her until she switched his answers on that test and then later saving her and her deaf brother Simon.

Long story short, I love Spark and I can’t wait to read the next book about Hunter, which I am starting to really love.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment