Monday, July 15, 2013

Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck Review

Publication Date: May 1, 2012
Publisher: Splinter
Format: Paperback
Page Count: 456 pages
Source: Bought
Series: The Tiger's Curse#1

Synopsis:

Passion. Fate. Loyalty.

Would you risk it all to change your destiny?

The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that’s exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.


Review: 


Kelsey signs up for a two week job at a circus for the summer. What she doesn’t know is that she’d be traveling all the way to India to break a 300 year curse on a tiger and to trust people she never met before.

Now I know why people say Kelsey is an annoying character. She is a great heroine but she makes rational decisions and I understand why Kelsey did what she did in the end but I'm starting to see she's an idiot.

Ren is a beautiful white tiger with blue eyes. Well obviously since he’s on the cover. At first sight, Kelsey is intrigued with him and Ren is curious about her. Ren is actually a prince and until Kelsey came in, he could shift back to human form for a little while.

It was nice to read something different like setting wise. I never read a book that took place in India and I’m glad I did. I still don’t know what took me this long to read this. I already read the next three books and I will say this series is worth checking out.

Tiger’s Curse is the first installment out of five of the amazing Tiger Saga. It takes you to an epic adventure to India full of romance, fantasy, and magic.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment