Friday, July 5, 2013

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi Review

Publication Date: February 5, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollins
Format: E-book
Page Count: 461 pages
Source: Borrowed
Series: Shatter Me #2


Synopsis:

tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.


Review:

SO MUCH THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN THIS BOOK!!

I’m not even gonna give you a synopsis of this without giving you spoilers. So much happened in this book and the big reveal in the end! Holy crap. I literally cannot even. I can’t even. I am unable to even. I have lost my ability to even. I am so unable to even. O…MG! If you haven’t read this book or this series already, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

The writing style off the bat is amazing. It’s poetic and flowy and it still has those crossed out sentences. I don’t even know what goes on in Tahereh Mafi’s mind. How could she do this to us?

Before this I read the novella Destroy Me and I’ll say, I do feel that Warner is not a monster like we saw in the first book. He’s not evil or anything. He’s just really screwed up because of his dad. I really recommend you read Destroy Me before this just so you can see Warner’s background and I actually feel really sad for him.

This whole love triangle ordeal is different from how different the two guys are. Adam and Juliette lean together. He cares for Juliette and takes care of her like as if someday she’s gonna break. He wants to protect her and this makes Juliette feel more comfortable and less protective of herself. Warner on the other hand is always challenging Juliette, making her stronger. He wants her to protect herself when something bad would happen and wants to get her out of her comfort zone. It’s like they complete each other because they are so different yet very alike.

Can I just say chapter 62! Holy floods, that was insane and so rude. At first, I’m like okay, whoa, yeah that’s um yeah, but then when Juliette opens her mouth to say that one name…THE NERVE! THE NERVE OF THAT WOMAN! I was so mad at Juliette. That was mean and just rude. He basically poured his feelings to her and then Juliette just ruins it.

When we got to the big reveal, I literally threw my e-reader on my bed; I stood up, and started pacing back and forth sobbing. Sobbing because I didn’t see that coming. I felt so stupid and I should’ve seen it coming but I didn’t. I did not expect that whole Anderson thing to happen.

So much things went on in this book and I am very interested to see how this ends. I don’t know what to expect in the next book. I don’t know whom to ship anymore. Maybe I’m leaning towards Warner but I’m on the white line. I really recommend you read this, but Destroy Me first then this.

                                                                           Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment