Friday, August 16, 2013

Misfit by Jon Skovron Review

Publication Date: June 4, 2013
Publisher: Scholastic
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 342 pages
Source: Library


Synopsis:

Jael Thompson has never really fit in. She’s changed schools too many times to count. The only family she’s ever known is her father, a bitter ex-priest who never lets her date and insists she attend the strictest Catholic school in Seattle. And her mother—well, she was a five thousand year old demon. That doesn’t exactly help.

But on her sixteenth birthday, her father gives her a present that brings about some unexpected changes. Some of the changes, like strange and wonderful powers and the cute skater boy with a knack for science, are awesome. But others, like the homicidal demon seeking revenge on her family? Not so much.

Steeped in mythology, this is an epic tale of a heroine who balances old world with new, science with magic, and the terrifying depths of the underworld with the ordinary halls of high school.


What I thought:

Actually 2.5

Basically, it lacked interest. I never heard of this book before so when I went to the library, I noticed it’s called misfit and there's a show called that too. So I picked it up, read the synopsis and decided I wanted to read it. It felt a little dull and I guess I wasn't feeling it.

I think this is the first ever book that I read last week before a review, and don’t remember anything. That’s how bad it is. This isn’t really gonna be a review because I honestly don’t remember anything.

So the main character’s name is Jael and her father is an ex priest. She changed so many schools so she never really fitted in or has friends. She’s basically half demon and then there’s her love interest Rob.

I’m gonna say this right now, thankfully I didn’t buy this book because this will not be a reread for me.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment