Sunday, August 18, 2013

Touched by Corrine Jackson Review

Publication Date: November 27, 2012
Publisher: Kensington Teen
Format: E-book
Page Count: 343 pages
Source: Borrowed
Series: Sense Thieves #1

Synopsis:

Remy O’Malley heals people with touch—but every injury she cures becomes her own. Living in a household with an abusive stepfather, she has healed untold numbers of broken bones, burns,and bruises. And then one night her stepfather goes too far.

Being sent to live with her estranged father offers a clean start and she is eager to take it. Enter Asher Blackwell. Once a Protector of Healers, Asher sacrificed his senses to become immortal. Only by killing a Healer can a Protector recover their human senses. Falling in love is against the rules between these two enemies. Because Remy has the power to make Protectors human again, and when they find out, they’ll be coming for her—if Asher doesn’t kill her first.


Review: 

The ending was pretty predicable and the beginning felt a little weird but other than that it was good. I liked Gabe and Asher. I never really liked sisters in books.

I saw some reviews that’s like, “Oh this book is similar to Twilight,” and I have to say, yes, it is similar yet different at the same time. I guess the only thing that I can come up with is that Remy can heal. Other than that, main character moves to a new place. Girl sees hot guy. Hot guy notices her. Girl and guy is obsessed with each other and can’t stop thinking or being around each other. Guy wants to kill girl but can’t. And so on.

It was really dull, like everything I expected happened and nothing wanted to me to be like theorizing like crazy about the ending. The writing was eh. It lacked a few stuff, it was just boring, and the plot was just really YA stereotypical. This was just like any other book.

The whole relationship with Remy and Asher was just too… how can I say? I can’t think of anything but I guess the word that fits the most is Twilight. I haven’t read Twilight but I know plenty about it because of all its hype and it’s VERY similar. Remy is basically Bella and Asher is Edward.

Now the question that if I’ll read the next book. Probably not anytime soon but I might get there. 

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment