Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green Review

Publication Date: January 10, 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 313 pages
Source: Bought 


Synopsis:

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Review:

I thought I wouldn’t do a review for this because I didn’t have a blog back then and I just couldn’t because of the things that happened in this book. This affected my reading life and still ‘till this day, I remember everything even though I read this over year ago. (And because of Tumblr but still…)

At that time when this book came out, I didn’t know anything about books. I didn’t know John Green was an author. I only thought he was a YouTuber. I didn’t like to read at that time. Actually, the only thing that let me to buy this was that it was a signed edition.

From the first page, I knew I was hooked. From the last page, my life was changed. This book is very emotional. John Green makes you fall in love with these characters, and then he rips them from you. Plus this is a standalone which makes it even more depressing because this isn’t a very long book and so many things happened.

I will say I will NOT be rereading this because it’s one of those books that when you are finished, you don’t know what to do next in your life. After finishing this, I went into a mourning period. I suffered way too much emotions and rereading this will make me cry nonstop and now with more reading experience, I will fall and crumble.

For the people who haven’t read this already… Mhmp, where have you been in the last century? Get your butt off the computer, phone, whatever, get in your car and go to a nearest bookstore or Walmart/Target/whatever. Either you can die with one life, or die will thousands.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment