Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tidal by Amanda Hocking Review

Publication Date: June 4, 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Format: E-book
Page Count: 342 pages
Source: Borrowed
Series: Watersong #3


Synopsis:

Gemma and Harper Fisher are facing the fight of their lives. Gemma has been cursed with extraordinary powers that have a terrifying dark side, but she's finally found what she needs - a way to break the curse and become human again. However, finding the means to do it will be her greatest challenge yet. And now Penn, Lexi, and Thea - the gorgeous but deadly creatures who cursed her - are determined to kill her before she has a chance. Making matters worse, Penn has her sights set on Daniel - the guy Harper loves - and Penn always gets what she wants.

As Gemma and Harper race to break the curse before it's too late, they're thrust deeper into a mythical world of immortal secrets. They must into their enemies' past to find the answers they need, even if it means being drawn deeper into their savagely beautiful world. But one of the girls is not what she seems...and Gemma finds an unlikely ally as she struggles to save herself. Will it be enough to break an ancient curse that no one has ever escaped from alive?

Review:

My initial reaction before reading this was, WHAT THE ACTUAL IS PENN DOING WITH DANIEL! For one thing, she needs to get her hands off of Daniel and go back to the sea where she belongs and leave my ship alone.

Now with that over, let's just say this book is unpredictable. I can't even right now. The emotions are pouring uncontrollably and everything you thought you knew comes crashing down and then realization hits you and then its over.

I honestly don't know what's gonna happen next in Elegy.

One thing I loved about this was that we had Daniels point of view. He is one of my favorite characters along with Harper. But with this perspective, sometimes I also hated it because of Daniel and Penn interaction between one another.

We get to see more of Penn and learn more about her but with all of that, I still hate her and what she did/offered to someone a something, I was so pissed and I could not believe what I was reading.

I could not stop reading this book. Amanda Hocking is such an amazing writer and I just loved each and every one of her books. Word building, amazing. Characters, lovable. Plot, SHAMAZE!

The ending was insane. INSANE! I could not speak and it blew my mind down to every piece. I cannot wait and see what the conclusion of the Watersong series will offer.

                                                                       Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment