Sunday, December 29, 2013

Top ARCs of 2013

This doesn't have 13 advance readers copies because there's still a lot of arcs I need to read. So here's the ones that I did read in 2013 and liked the most. (This is still in ranking order)

10.
"This is really a fast paced book and when I say fast pace I mean fast pace. I finished about like 2-3 hours. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the next book." Full review here















9.
"Aside from frustrating characters, I love Emma and Caleb. Caleb is so sweet to Emma and he understands her. He’s like her rock and they get each other and that was nice." Full review here















8.
"Overall, many crazy things happen and an ending where you will die waiting for the next book." Full review here.
















7.
"With Lindsay Cummings' writing, it's again, not too graphic, but it does give you the chills. It has this poetic vibe to it. This is an amazing debut novel to start with and I overall loved it." Full review here















6.
"I read this in one sitting and under 2 hours. I cried, I laughed, and I even yelled at it. Crazy but I totally felt what Davy was going through and it just made me emotional. From being a girl who’s rich and had everything she wanted, to a nobody." Full review here.















5.
"I love Ryan Graudin’s take on faeries and the world of it. It’s not old or historical at all but modern where there are paparazzi, dark magic, and murders going on. I wonder if Graudin will write another book in this world because it’s actually really fascinating where faeries are looking over people without the people knowing. It’s not long or boring at all and its actually worth reading." Full review here.












4.
"There are so many twists in this sequel and especially in the end. Like how many shocking twists can you come up with in 100 pages?! There’s definitely more action in this than the first book and we get to see familiar faces again but I’m not gonna tell you because you all have to wait and see." Full review here.













3.
"When I first began this book, I didn't know what to expect from this, but somewhat dystopian and science fiction aspect. For about 10 chapters in, I was so confused and didn't know what's going on in the story. Being as a dystopian, post-apocalyptic novel, there has to be something that wiped out mankind and they are aliens. After you start getting used to the world and the alien aspect, it becomes an intriguing novel." Full review here.













2.
"This is a suspenseful page-turner that will make you read this nonstop, waiting to see who the killer is. I was actually creeped out and scared on some parts of the book. All the suspense and me theorizing made me go insane." Full review here.














1.
"How can I not read a Beauty and the Beast retelling? This was/is so beautiful. The story was amazing. The characters where awesome. Just in general, the book just perfect... If Rosamund Hodge can write up another retelling + action scenes… you will forever be my favorite author! Greek mythology with a classic tale = BRILLIANT! Her writing style is flowy and it’s not like regular retellings, which I really like since retellings are retellings but this had a twist." Full review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment