Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins Review

Expected Publication Date: April 29, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: ARC
Page Count: 464 pages
Source: Publisher
Series: Sweet Evil #3


Synopsis:

It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.


Review:

Never in my life would I expect to have an ARC of this. I am very fortunate and thank you HarperTeen and Edlweiss! 

It's very bittersweet. I absolutely love this series to pieces and love every single character. It's sad to let them go after three books. 

To Wendy, thank you so much for this series! This was an action-packed, emotional, and just amazing ending to an amazing series. It had everything a final book should had. To be honest, I don't think I will get over the fact that this ended but it will always be in my heart. 

It did leave me off wanting more but the ending did gave me a feeling of completion. 

There was swoon worthy moments and a moment that made my heart just melt.
 

I still have a bunch of questions even though it tied up nice in the end. I just hope Wendy could write a follow up epilogue of it even though the book already has an epilogue. I just want to see more of Kaiden. 

Overall, this was a beautiful and bittersweet conclusion. Can't wait to see what Wendy Higgins will write next.

ARC provided by Edelweiss and HarperTeen


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment