Monday, June 2, 2014

Remember Me by Romily Bernard Review

Expected Publication Date: September 23, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
Format: ARC
Page Count: 368 pages
Source: Publisher
Series: Find Me #2


Synopsis:

Wick had thought her troubles were over.

But she should’ve known better.

Not only is she embroiled in a new murder case, which starts with a body with “Remember Me” carved into it and doesn’t stop there, but she also discovers new evidence surrounding her mother’s suicide…which leads her right back to her imprisoned deadbeat dad. And she has to deal with her flirty new hacker friend, Milo, sniffing around—which her boyfriend, Griff, isn’t too happy about.

The pressure might be too much as secrets—including Wick’s own—climb to the surface.

Review:

This was definitely different from the first book. What really stuck out was how dark it is. 

Honestly, this was one of my most anticipated books of this year and I been waiting for months to see if I had gotten an ARC of this and I am so very happy I did.

I could tell Romily's writing has been improving and getting more amazing because the scenes are more descriptive and with some, it gives you a creepy, 'feeling violated' feel to it. I love the suspense and the mystery in this. Normally I don't read thriller/mystery books but for this series, I HAVE to read it because it sucks you in and the ending is still not resolved or if the characters get a happy ending or not. It leaves you hanging and it makes you want to know what's in stored next or what the characters have to face next. (Plus she's a really great and nice person (: )

Remember Me brings back our main heroine, Wicket and her love interest/partner Griff. Carson is also back in this and he didn't change at all -well he did get more annoying and rude but nothing good about him. Now Lily and her are adopted by Bren after what happened with the first book. There is also a new character, Milo. Let me just say: Milo, I love him but GRIFF WILL ALWAYS BE MY ANSWER! SO I EXPECT SOME W&G ACTION IN THE NEXT BOOK.


So basically it starts out with a murder. Sudden right? But no. It was a perfect way to start the book. So with this murder, a dead woman is dressed like an angel, her dress is torn halfway off, and she has a bloody chest. Written on her is "REMEMBER ME". It's really creepy and it's really descriptive so I could actually picture it and it's not pretty at all

It seems that Wicket can't get a break from things. She's starting a new life, a new start then bam, someone 
gets murdered. Let's just say, a lot of bad stuff happened to her and on top of that, she's being blackmailed by Carson. That's just great. Griff doesn't approve of this but because of how honorable and sweet and nice he is, he follows through with Wick, but he still doesn't like it. Another thing Griff doesn't like, her new friendship with Milo. I'm on the same page with Griff on this. I like Milo as an individual. He's really charismatic and funny but with him and Wick, I say no. (You hear that Romily? #TEAMGRIFF :D)

Remember how in the last book, Wick ended up with Tessa Waye’s diary and who's dead? Well in this, she ended up with her dead biological mom's tapes when she was alive. Then she starts to see things differently and that's a whole other mystery.
 

Now for the ending. When I read who was behind all of this, I was like ecstatic because the person I suspected was involved. Then I was sad and confused on what was happening and before you know it, I'm crying and then it ends. You can say I'm conflicted. Right when I finished it, I tweeted to the author and let's just say, I am not satisfied until everyone gets a happy ending. (PLEASE LET THERE BE A HAPPY ENDING)

Overall, this sequel is worth checking out and Wicket's story isn't done just yet. So much happened and I do not know what to expect in the third book. Hopefully some Team Griff stuff and Wicket finally having a normal, happy, stress free life. 

ARC provided by Edelweiss and HarperTeen


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment