Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater Review

Publication Date: September 17, 2013
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Format: E-book
Page Count: 439 pages
Source: Borrowed
Series: The Raven Cycle #2


Synopsis:

Now that the ley lines around Cabeswater have been woken, nothing for Ronan, Gansey, Blue, and Adam will be the same.

Ronan, for one, is falling more and more deeply into his dreams, and his dreams are intruding more and more into waking life.

Meanwhile, some very sinister people are looking for some of the same pieces of the Cabeswater puzzle that Gansey is after...


Review:

I went in this being really afraid and I didn't know what to expect. 

If you read my review The Raven Boys, you know the first time I read it I didn't like it but I reread it and absolutely loved it. I was afraid I had to do the same thing with this book but luckily I very much liked it.

This was mostly about Ronan and we got to learn more about him. I liked his point of view and he's a very interesting character. I mean, all the characters in this series are interesting and unique. Ronan has the ability to bring things from his dreams -like his pet raven, Chainsaw. 

Ronan is pictured to be the 'dangerous' and strong. What intrigued me is he is very secretive and mysterious, but underneath that, he could be a really caring person.


This series is like a puzzle and it's sometimes hard to follow. There are confusing parts and here would be no explanation or the explanation would be brief, but it's so good and I hope the future books would explain everything. 

What I was really hoping for in this was more Blue and Gansey. They had a few scenes together but not as much as the last book. There was this one scene with them though and it was so bittersweet! I loved that scene so much. 

Overall, I need the next book like now and this was an amazing sequel!

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment