Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas Review

Publication Date: May 4, 2016
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 640 pages
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses #2


Synopsis:

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court--but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms--and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future--and the future of a world cleaved in two.

  


Review (Non Spoiler & Spoilers):

THIS SEQUEL WAS EVERYTHING THAT I WANTED.

I loved every minute of this book and I did not want to put it down. Putting it down was so hard for me and when I did have to put it down, I would not stop thinking about it. It’s so good, I tabbed the shit out of this book. There are multiple tabs in like every chapter.

When I say this sequel was everything to me, IT WAS EVERYTHING TO ME. From the first few chapters, I knew that this would be one of my favorite books as of 2016. I will admit, that I thought I would not like some parts of this book because I was already set on what I wanted, but that just flipped upside down.

Currently, I am wondering how can I give a coherent review of this without any spoilers. Well, there’s a lot I want to touch on about but I realized it’s all spoilers. So I guess long story short, it’s been three months since the events at Under the Mountain and all the Amarantha shit. Feyre is with Tamlin in the Spring Court and she’s not over the moon about it as we suspected her to be. While she’s there, she hasn’t forgotten about her bargain with Rhysand, and neither has he. From there on, a whole new world we haven’t seen starts to emerge and new realizations start to come together. From the introduction to the Night Court on, that’s when everything to me was set and running. The world building was just so beautiful and unique that I loved every second of it.

The romance in this book was something I somewhat expected but the coming together of it was nothing I imagined. It was something I really enjoyed reading full of heartbreak, snarky banter that was hilarious, and just pure entertainment.

I can’t stress enough how much I loved this book. It’s definitely worthy of a reread for me. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend reading this. It’s beautiful and well written that makes you want to read nonstop.



Now for all the feels and emotions of this book. (WARNING SPOILER SECTION):

Looking back at my review of the first book of this series, I mentioned how I was leaning towards Tamlin for Feyre…BOY WAS I WRONG. I am so not in that ship and will never be in it because RHYSAND ALL THE WAY.

Tamlin’s character to me went downhill since the beginning of the book. Just by the first few chapters, I can tell that Feyre is not happy, and she feels lonely. She’s not herself in the Spring Court or when she’s with Tamlin. Throughout the parts where Tamlin was there, he pissed me off most of the time. He trapped Feyre, locked her up, doesn’t give her the freedom to do whatever she wants unless it’s in his terms, left her most of the time alone while he goes out and does who knows what, and just treats her like she’s nothing! It just irks me that he (or anyone in that matter) just does that and expects it to be okay. I disregard my statement from my last review saying he’s sweet to her.

Rhysand on the other hand, god, bless his soul. I misjudged him hardcore. Rhys is the total opposite of Tamlin right now. Rhys gives her the freedom that Tamlin never gave. He respects her, cares for her, and understands her. His backstory is so heartbreaking and I did shed tears for him. No words can do this character justice. He’s just the opposite of what I expected based on the first book. Now I understand he’s more than that and I have a better appreciation for him.

Going into this book, I was really iffy about Rhys. I honestly thought that Feyre would end up with Tamlin before reading this but now, I’m so happy that ship has sank further than the Titanic. When Feyre found out about Rhysand being her mate, I WAS GAGGING. For every scene of theirs, you best believe I tabbed that on the page. And don’t even get me started on High Lady of the Night Court. I DIED, THEN WAS RESURRECTED, AND THEN DIED AGAIN.

I cannot wait for the next book and wonder how everything will end up. Feyre has come a long way and here we got a glimpse of what she can do but next time, her power and badassery will one, be the death of me, and two, slay everyone that comes between her.

I wish I could write more about this book but so much happened and I do not regret any minute of reading this.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment